Woman resurrects after 11 days in mortuary

 From CHUKS ONUOHA, Umuahia
•Mrs Obioma
It sure sounds incredible, but it is real. A 36-year-old woman has resurrected in Uzuakoli, on the outskirts of Umuahia, the capital of Abia State, after spending 11 days in a Lagos mortuary.

 The woman, Mrs. Charity Chigoziri Ikechukwu Obioma, a member of Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Uzuakoli, reportedly died in Lagos after undergoing a heart operation. She came back to life few kilometres to Uzuakoli, her hometown, while she was being conveyed home for burial.

 The reporter learnt that she spent ten days inside the morgue, after which her husband and his friends decided to take her home for burial. But a few kilometres to her home she was said to have sneezed seven times and sat up inside the stretcher. Expectedly, the driver, her husband and the friend who were with her in the Toyota Siena van that was bringing her back home were gripped by fear.

 Mrs. Obioma who spoke to newsmen at the branch of the church where she worshipped, said all she could remember was that a man whose face she could not see was taking her from one place to the other, showing her things and complaining to her of the evil doings of the people of the world.
 She said that before then, the man took her to a theatre where she was operated upon and all the ailments in heart removed before taking her around.

 Special Senior Apostle Emma Agomuo, The Chairman of Umuahia Province of Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim and Seraphim Church, with headquarters at Eze Ogbulafor Street, was at the Uzuakoli branch of the Church when Mrs. Obioma was giving her testimony to the Church leaders.

 “This is the great miracle of God, it is real,” she said. “The lady that is sitting directly before me now and the husband are the people that the miracle happened to. When they told me that she died, I felt very bad, and said ok, because of her commitment to the things of God, the best thing I can do for her is to come myself and give her a befitting burial. Since I know her activities here on earth, I knew that if she had died, she must make heaven. Just yesterday, somebody called me from London, that she heard that a miracle happened in my church in Umuahia, and this morning another person called also and I say that I must come here myself.”

 Mrs. Obioma then narrated how she died and resurrected: “I have always said it: I don’t know what really happened to me.  When I was taken to the hospital, I don’t know. The hospital where I was taken to I don’t know. All I can remember is that there was a time that somebody gave me his hand; somebody whose face I could not see. He was in a white robe. He took me away and has been taking me from one place to another, spiritually and physically.

 “During this period, there were people I visited physically. Those people can attest to it now. I went to them in the dream, gave them instructions and told them what to do. There were people I went to physically who saw me and shook hands with me. These people can attest to it. And I gave them messages . By then, some people knew that I was dead, but those particular people I went to did not know that I had died.

 “I was going for lectures on daily basis from the man that was taking me around. It was on different subjects and he told me that I should not withhold whatever he was telling me to the people of the world.
 “He told me that one of the things that makes him angry is that people of the world, including me, don’t pay tithes and that so many married men run after other people’s wives and many married women run after other people’s husbands. He said Satan uses this to boast before him that my people are disobedient to me. These are two out of many things that he told me.

 “Before I went for the operation, I had a dream and told my husband that God has never told me lies before, that even if I did not come out of the operation immediately, he should always trust God that he would do the best. I told my mother the same and asked them to put me into prayers, and they did.

 “When they were discussing about buying a casket to bring me back, I told them that I didn’t want to be in a casket and that they should not bring me back in a casket. I said they should bring me home like that and deposit me in a mortuary of their choice and wait for the day of my burial if God so wished it. The wonderful thing they did for me was keeping my instructions.

 “As they were coming back on the day that would have made it the 11th day, they never knew what happened and I cannot say what happened.  I was using my hand trying to open my eyes, making frantic efforts until I got it opened. The people were expecting my corpse that day, but I returned as a living being. I was really impressed because I never knew that so many people loved me that much. They only saw me alive instead of my corpse.

 “Before that he took me to a particular hospital, where you can find any equipment you can talk about. He loosed every stitch on me because I was told that I went in there with bandages and plasters on my chest, showing wounds of the operation that made me to die. But the man loosed them and told me that he wanted my whole body to be without a scar, but that for people to believe my story, he was going to leave a scar, showing where my chest was opened up for the surgery.  But every other thing he did, he did it perfectly and now I am very strong.

 “Before I went in for the surgery, I told my husband that God told me that I am going to come back. I said no matter the circumstances you find me, don’t ever be afraid or loose hope that I had died. Even if you people bury me, I know that God has never lied to me before and that he must fulfil that which he has promised. The decision of my husband not to embalm me must have arisen from the faith I expressed to him before I went in for the operation.”
 The husband, Mr. Obioma, who was by her side as she narrated her experience said immediately they got to Ubani Ibeku, close to Uzuakoli, she sneezed seven times and started making efforts to sit aright from her lying position.
 Hear him: “The driver of the Siena bus that carried us, a Yoruba man became afraid. I told him to concentrate and not to be afraid because God was in charge.

 “I refused to obtain a dead certificate when they confirmed her dead because I knew that she was not dead. God has never spoken and lied. Since she had told me that I shouldn’t use a casket for her, I refused to talk about a death certificate. All along we were in prayers and the messages we were getting was that God wanted to use her to show the world what they had not seen before. Based on the message, I told them that she should not be embalmed based on the words she came to tell me in my dream and the revelation from the prophets I gave her name to for prayers.

 “She was not embalmed and she did not show any sign of decay. The first revelation I got came from one Prophet Maduka from Isuikwuato. He called me very early in the morning and told me that God said that he wanted to use my wife, Charity to show the world what they had never seen, and that even if she was dead, that he was going to resurrect her. You know, I was looking at one, two or three days, but when she stayed for the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh day, I became troubled as a human being. It was at that point that I picked up the courage to call the father and told him that I was like a sheep without a shepherd and we still continued the prayer.

 “What surprised me was that she came to my dream and wished me happy birthday. But because I was troubled, I didn’t even know that that day was my birthday. She told me that she would come to celebrate my birthday with me. Immediately I woke up, I called my friend who was by me and told him the dream I had.  It is that human nature that made me to say, let me bring her home so that we can deposit her in the mortuary here, close to the village and meet the family officially and tell them what has happened.

 “On getting to Ubani Ibeku, where they want to relocate the Umuahia Modern Market, she sneezed seven times, opened her eyes and was looking like someone whose eyes were covered. In my mind, I started reciting Psalm 24, and she sat up. I called that Daddy on phone because he had earlier told me that we should take her straight to the mortuary. So I told the Daddy that we were coming straight home, that something had just happened which was very, very strange to me and that I could not explain it. Then we drove straight to the compound, and as we drove into the compound, I looked at the crowd and I couldn’t hold myself. I broke down and started crying and I didn’t even know when my friend who was by me brought her out. I was just crying.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Jersey, No Match...Short Film