‘Why we cheat on our spouses’

By Kemi Ashefon     

Till date, he cannot still lay his hands on why he is dating Linda. At 42, with a beautiful wife and lovely children, Kingsley looks the perfect husband, who enjoys peace in his eight-year-old marriage. But he never remains faithful to his wife.

“Maybe I want something different from what I get at home,” he starts. “If anyone attempts to tell my wife that I cheat on her, she would not believe them because of her trust in me. I get home early from work, I don’t drink, and neither do I smoke. In fact, she never sees me with any woman, not even in my church, where I am a youth coordinator.

“But Linda and many other girls came into my life and I cannot explain why I still have these affairs. First, Linda is very sexy with great legs and she makes me feel like a baby! I met her when she was working as a contract staff in the oil servicing company, where I also work. That was two years into my marriage and I am stuck with her. She knows that I have other flings, but Linda is not bothered. She is also stuck with me and I am thinking of how to get rid of this affair before the bubble bursts.”

Same goes for Lateef, whose wife flaunts it everywhere that her husband can never marry another wife. “We were at a friend’s party recently and Funke was talking with some of my friends’ wives. She was proudly showing off my fidelity to our six-year-old marriage and how I can never have any other woman besides her despite my religion. I really agree with her because I have vowed not to marry another woman. But you would not believe that I am having an affair with one of the women in their midst — my friend’s wife. I knew her when were serving together in the east and we had a fling. Of course, she got married to one of my friends, who happened to help her secure a job after service. Initially, we made up our minds not to see each other again but that woman ignites a strange passion in me! We were back together after some years and I have unsuccessfully made attempts to call it off before a scandal ensues.”

“I cannot really put this act as cheating on my spouse,” confesses Priscilla, 28 and a mother of two. “I was dating Albert before I met Mike but I was cajoled to marrying Mike because of my aunt. She was greedy and wanted a rich man, who would take care of her and her children. So, I was what she needed to get contracts from Mike and I ended up his wife. I told him then that I was seeing another guy and didn’t love him but my aunt insisted that I married him. My heart is still with Albert and our affair is intact despite the fact that we are both married. I have been trying to come out of it but can’t just help it. My husband does not suspect anything but my aunt does. She has threatened to tell my husband if I don’t pack it up with Albert but how do I go about it? I love him to pieces.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Jersey, No Match...Short Film