Robert Pattinson Chats On Tv For First Time Since Split From Kristen


Robert Pattinson has given his first interview since his public break-up with Kristen Stewart. The Twilight star squirmed and laughed his way through a chat with host Jon Stewart on The Daily Show – and joked that he should have hired a publicist to deal with the awkward questions.

In his first TV appearance since news of Kristen’s fling with married director Rupert Sanders broke last month, the usually sullen Brit seemed cheerful as he swerved Jon’s references to the split. And he giggled when the host told him to “kick her to the curb.”

The London-born 26-year-old seemed nervous throughout and his accent occasionally veered from his usual voice to a noticeable American drawl.

Jon launched his opening salvo with “So, what have you been up to?”

Thrown by the direct reference to his romantic troubles, R-Patz replied: “I thought we’d already prepared this. I had a joke prepared. I was all set up and ready to go. Now it’s meaningless.”

The host then produced two tubs of ice cream and told him: “We’re just a couple of gals talking. Tell me everything.”

Robert began to speak, saying: “This is the problem with actors, in every awkward interview situation...” but was cut off by the comic. I’m trying not to eat this as I’m going to split my spanx. I’m double spanxed.”

The chat show host then returned to the break up, asking: “So what are we doing here? I’m worried about you. Are you alright?”

The embarrassed star then blamed his awkwardness on his reluctance to hire a publicist. He said: “I literally don’t know how to approach this now. This is the weird things about these interviews, and now I’m going to sound like an idiot, but my biggest problem in my life is that I’m cheap.

“I didn’t hire a publicist and every awkward interview, most actors have things scripted. I’m going to hire a publicist.”

Jon said: “The last time I had a bad break-up, Ben & Jerry’s got me through the tough times, so I thought you and I could talk about things. Boy, you are better off without. Kick her to the curb.”

He added: “When you are young and you break-up, it feels like the world is ending but this is the first time I have actually seen the world react that way. It’s insanity. So here is my wish for you, that you get to handle your business in your personal life and I wish you all the best.”

The pair went on to talk about Robert’s new movie, Cosmopolis, the reason he agreed to the interview in the first place.

Robert, who had been dating his 22-year-old co-star since meeting her on the Twilight set in 2008, moved out of their LA home after her affair with the 41-year-old father-of-two was revealed.

Last night he put his troubles behind him to greet fans at the movie’s New York premiere.

Dressed in a grey suit and shirt the newly-single star was sporting long stubble and swept back hair at the Museum of Modern Art.

He finished the dapper look with a funereal black tie – perhaps a nod to the death of the romance that once made R-Patz and K-Stew the Brad and Angelina of their generation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Jersey, No Match...Short Film