Chicago bloodbath: 6-year-old among those killed


At least 10 people were killed and 39 others wounded during a bloody weekend in Chicago, police said.

Among the dead is a 6-year-old girl -- identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office as Aliyah Shell -- who was shot Saturday outside her house in the 3100 block of South Springfield Avenue, police said. A pickup truck approached and somebody inside began shooting, striking the girl in the abdomen, police said.

The little girl's sister was inside the house when she heard a popping sound outside.

"They started shooting but I thought it was fireworks. I heard like five or six gunshots. I thought they were fireworks," said Desiree Valzquez, Aliyah's sister. "I ran outside, and my mom was holding my sister. My sister wasn't talking anymore. She wasn't breathing."

Source: NBCChicago.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Jersey, No Match...Short Film