Denrele joins Channel ‘O’ veejays

BY OPEOLUWANI AKINTAYO
 After walking out of his Sound City job, controversial Tv presenter   Denrele Edun, has finally landed himself a big job with Channel ‘O’.

He bagged the job after scaling through a recent selection exercise for  new and vibrant V.J’s by the Channel ‘O’ management in a bid to re-brand the station’s activities.

Denrele revealed through an interview he recently granted, that he’s in charge of Channel ‘O’s  special events across Africa and that he’s mostly handling the covering of M-NET shows.

And when asked whether he auditioned for the job or it just came through connections, he replied that he’d auditioned for it before that of the Naija Sings.

‘’I was in Funmi Iyanda’s house on Children’s Day, hosting her special Children’s show and they wanted me that same day. It was very tight but I had to beg Funmi and so I left as soon as there was a chance.

I went for the auditions but didn’t hear from them; at that period, I was called-up for Glo Naija Sings audition which I was picked for.

Eventually, Channel O called me back and offered me the job and Sent me to South-Africa for training. There I got to spend a lot of time with Kabelo.’’

Other selected Veejays include Flavia Tumusiime (Uganda), Jokate Mwegelo (Tanzania), Joey Muthengi (Kenya), Stefen ‘J.Town’ Menson (Ghana) and Maya Wegerif, (South Africa).

The show was powered by Stella Damasus Art Foundation (SDAF).

Our Sponsors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Jersey, No Match...Short Film