Artistes clash for musical showdown today at TBS

By  Sam Anokam
Concrete assurances have been given by 10 wave-making musicians of their preparedness to perform live on stage today at Tafawa Balewa Square during the highly anticipated open air concert tagged, Top 10 MICS.

 Organised by entertainment giant, KOGA, the concert will have the like of 2face Idibia, Eldee, Mocheddah, Obesere, P square, MI, Duncan mighty, Sir Shina Peters, Femi Kuti and Wizkid. It will feature different genres of music from afro juju, dancehall, to Fuji, hip hop and RnB. Nine of the artistes will be performing live.

 Fresh from the third Grammy nomination, scion of Afro beat legend, Femi Kuti, has promised that the experience would be fantastic. “Yes, a lot of people have expressed doubt about my participation in this show since I usually perform at the African Shrine and this show is not taking place at the Shrine.

 I will be giving those attending a fantastic performance and those who haven’t seen me in a long while because of my many European tours, let’s all meet at TBS, today. I will be there with my full band and I am giving the assurance that it will be a different kind of experience.”

 Rave of the moment, Wizkid said ‘’this is not a time to dull as I want my fans to troop out and watch their boy live at the TOP10 MICS concert today. One more thing, I will be performing live.’’ Port Harcourt’s first son, Duncan Mighty said ‘’ you think you know how to party? Wait till I bring my Port Harcourt mix on stage at the TBS’’.

 An official of KOGA, Anu Awoseyi in a statement on the readiness of the entertainment outfit to stage the biggest concert of 2011, she said, “to tell you the truth here, we are ready and raring to go as everything you can ever think of has been taken care of from logistics to security. All modalities and strategies have been duly mapped out by our team, we promise them the best show today.”

Our Sponsors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Jersey, No Match...Short Film